Saturday, June 11, 2011

You have got to be kidding me?! Rush Limbaugh

Everybody knows about global warming or climate change. It's the natural changing of the climate patterns on earth greatly enhanced by human contribution. This is something greatly attributed to Al Gore and his film "An Inconvenient Truth". It's considered a very liberal notion and conservatives and Republicans dismiss it as a hoax. That is until this week when Mitt Romney said he believes in global warming and that we contribute to it.
I believe the world is getting warmer. I can't prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer -- and -- and number two, I believe that humans contribute to that. I don't know how much our contribution is to that 'cause I know there's been -- there have been periods of -- of greater heat and -- and warmth in the past, but I believe that we contribute to that, and so I think it's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you're seeing.



I see nothing wrong with this statement. I know I dogged Romney a couple weeks ago about the auto bailout, but this time around. He's absolutely correct. Romney is playing to the mainstream voter, especially the independents. He's pitching down the middle, which just like in baseball is how you win elections. But that's not how Rush Limabush sees it.
Bye-bye, nomination.

Bye-bye nomination.

Another one down.

We're in the midst here of discovering that this is all a hoax. The last year has established that the whole premise of manmade global warming is a hoax, and we still have presidential candidates who want to buy into it! Why? 'Cause in New Hampshire they obviously care about it. So you go to Iowa say and you say, "Hey, by the way, I'm all for ethanol subsidies." Then you go to the Florida and say, "Hey, you seasoned citizens, I'm all for never-ending Social Security!" Wherever you go, whatever they care about there is what you're for. I saw this... I couldn't believe this when I saw it. People in New Hampshire for some cockamamie reason want to believe in global warming. There was snow on the summit of Hawaii's biggest mountain, Mauna Kea, after a thunderstorm dropped inches of ice this morning.

In Hawaii!

(sigh) Believe climate change is manmade? This is like a throwaway. Then we see in this poll that all of a sudden Romney's on the top? So I guess Washington Post liked that answer and put Romney at the top. "This is what we want to hear of a Republican nominee!" This is what we want to hear.

We all know Rush is an idiot, but he has taken it to new heights with this. Why is that he and other conservative talking heads want to disprove science so much? And why is playing to the real voting block, the moderates, independents, and those with brains such a bad thing? We all know what's going to happen to Palin, Bachmann, and Gingrich; they won't even survive the first round of primaries. The Tea Party is too fringe to take any kind of hold in the mainstream of political thought. By not believing in science, it's a wonder that Limbaugh is even still alive. It's almost impossible to put into words how stupid this man really is. What's sad though is the size of his following and how many brainless souls are following him like lemmings off a cliff. To quote the pregame show for Monday Night Football on ESPN, "Come on man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment